Introductory Occupational Safety and Health Representative Training Courses
Unity Training Services has been delivering quality, accredited OSH Rep training in WA since 1988. We are committed to providing Health and Safety training that encourages organisational cultures to focus on creating and maintaining safer workplaces.
This course provides Safety and Health Representatives with the competencies required under the WA Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984.
An understanding of the objectives of the Act and their role under the Act, including:
- Knowledge of their powers under the legislation, and how to effectively exercise them;
- Skills in representing the members of their designated work group including consulting and negotiating with their employer;
- Skills in identifying hazards and the process by which they should be controlled;
- Knowledge of where, and how, to obtain assistance in dealing with hazards and dangerous situations;
- An understanding of the role of occupational health and safety in the workplace in the prevention of accidents, injury and disease.
- Conflict Resolution and the issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices are incorporated in this course.
In addition, this course delivers the five (5) core units from BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety.
The course will be held on the following dates:
- 19 - 23 March
- 30 April - 4 May
- 11 - 15 June
- 16 - 20 July
- 3 - 7 September
- 29 October - 2 November
- 3 - 7 December
As a OSH Rep, you are entitled to attend training with a provider of your choice, in consultation with your Employer.